All in person workshops around the state have been postponed until the further notice. Please look for our virtual workshops and webinars starting in April.
4-H Livestock Shows – State Fair of Virginia
October 2, 2020 - October 4, 2020
2020 State Fair of VA – The State Fair of VA is stillon as scheduled with regular updates being shared from the SFVA FairBoard. The Youth Livestock Shows are scheduled for Friday, October 2 –Sunday, October 4, with all livestock in place on Thursday, October 1. Important deadlines are as follows:
- DNA Envelope Order and Beef/Hog Tags (if needed) should be ordered ASAP using the following link https://tinyurl.com/SFVA-DNAEnvelope-Tag-Request
- DNA Samples and Completed Nominations are required for: Market Steers, Market Heifers, Commercial/Crossbred Heifers, Market Goats, Commercial Does, Market Lambs, Commercial Ewes, and ALL HOGS
- Samples and completed forms, along with the completed online nomination process are due August 1st
- It is taking 10 -14 days for USPS to deliver packets, so please do not wait until the last minute to order
- IF YOU HAVE ALREADY ORDERED YOUR DNA ENVELOPES, you can check the status of your order and your online nomination and track the arrival of your completed DNA samples at this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G8wVNdxVCG9BJp5GwZx1rPeQG1QR0EQ50WbKOpFmaU4/edit#gid=0 simply type in the last name of the exhibitor and view the date your envelopes were processed and shipped to you, the date we received your completed online nomination, and the date we received your DNA samples and completed nomination forms. Please contact us if you have questions.
- State Fair Youth Livestock Entry System via FairEntry is now open at this link https://fairentry.com/Fair/SignIn/14595
- All animals, even those that have completed the nomination process, must be entered into the FairEntry System no later than August 15th at 5:00 pm. Entry fees are $12.00/hd, payable by check, and payment information can be found in the FairEntry system.
- Please read all of the information at the beginning of the entry process and have registration papers, animal identification, and other required information on hand
- Youth entering as 4-H members, please make sure you are enrolled in the 4HOnline system prior to beginning the entry process – you will need those login credentials to enter FairEntry – If you are not sure, contact your local Agent or Extension Office to verify.
- Youth entering as FFA members, please use an existing FairEntry account or profile if you have used FairEntry in the past (State Fair, county fair, etc.) Do not create a new account unless you have never used FairEntry to enter an event.
- IMPORTANT – Entries for animals that require nomination will NOT be approved until the DNA Samples, Completed Nomination Forms, and Online Nomination Process have been submitted. Please complete and submit your DNA samples and Nominations prior to entering your animals via FairEntry.
- Additional Exhibitor Tickets – Orders for additional exhibitor tickets will NOT be requested during the entry process as in past years. Information on additional exhibitor tickets will be provided at a later date.
Information and updates will be coming regularly in the nextfew weeks, so please take time to read emails, check the VA Youth LivestockWebsite, and follow the Virginia Youth Livestock Program Facebook page to stayup to date.
Virginia Youth Livestock Website – https://ext.vt.edu/4h-youth/youth-livestock/shows/state-fair.html
Virginia Youth Livestock Program Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/vayouthlivestock/
As always, if you have questions, need assistance, or needadditional information, please do not hesitate to call me at 540-231-2257 oremail firstname.lastname@example.org