All in person workshops around the state have been postponed until the further notice. Please look for our virtual workshops and webinars starting in April.
Fall Forestry & Wildlife Field Tours – Clarke County (Blandy)
Day-long,on-site/real/in-person/outside (pending COVID-19 developments and following allpublished guidelines for personal and group safety)
Details & Registration: https://forestupdate.frec.vt.edu/landownerprograms/field-tours.html
- celebrated their 40th anniversary October 2016
- involve landowners, state, federal, and forest industry natural resource professionals and representatives of environmental non-governmental agencies
- inform participants about practical forest and wildlife management techniques which are currently being used in their area
- share information on current cost-share programs
- are a great opportunity for networking with other landowners and natural resource professionals
Past tours have visited seedling nurseries, timber harvesting operations, saw mills and both public and private forest lands.