All in person workshops around the state have been postponed until the further notice. Please look for our virtual workshops and webinars starting in April.
Farm Succession and Transition Series- Business and Personal Goals
January 14, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm| Free
About this Event
During this month, Dr. Megan Seibel will be discussing the importance of knowing your WHY and how that relates to to developing personal and business goals.
In our farming operations, farm businesses, and even our personal and community lives, we often know WHAT we do and even HOW we do it. Often, though, we haven’t really thought about the full extent of WHY. Based on Simon Sinek’s work with the Golden Circle, this session will address the importance of establishing a solid and clear understanding of the purpose behind our personal and professional efforts – our personal mission statement – as a way to provide clarity around the methods used to produce our products and services.
In the next 15 years, many farms across the country will transition from one generation to the next. How that transition happens could be the difference between a farm continuing successfully, or not continuing at all. That is why farm transition and succession planning is so important, and why we are partnering with experts in different aspects of transition and succession planning to offer a year long webinar series on different transition and succession planning topics.
How it works:
- One webinar a month, beginning in October of 2019
- Webinars will be held mid-day and will be no longer than 1 hour.
- Participants can register for any or all of the webinars – when you sign up, we will add you to an email list to receive information on each month’s topic, date and time as they become available.
- First time registered participants will receive a copy of the Farm Credit University Farm Business-Transition Workbook.
- Topics will include: Taxes, Goals, Business Agreements, Titles, Farm vs. Non-Farm Involvement, Profitability, Estate Planning, Retirement, Timelines and more!
- These webinars are free and will be held through GoToMeeting. You can join via phone or computer from your home or office!
Important Notice and Disclaimer
These materials are provided for educational and informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice, financial advice, tax advice, or investment advice on any matter. These materials may not be current and up-to-date. You should not act or refrain from acting based on these materials or the information they contain without seeking legal advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction or other appropriate professional. Farm Credit of the Virginias, ACA expressly disclaims any liability for all acts and omissions taken or made in reliance on these materials or any information contained in these materials.