All in person workshops around the state have been postponed until the further notice. Please look for our virtual workshops and webinars starting in April.
In-Orchard Tree Fruit Meeting
June 2, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Frederick and Rappahannock Extension Office invites each of you to attend a series of in-orchard and zoom meetings scheduled from March through June 2021.
We will meet at the host orchard at 11:00 a.m. for a tour of the orchard, followed by a discussion of current orchard management recommendations. Virginia Tech fruit specialists from the Alson H. Smith Jr. Agricultural Research and Extension Center will be present to address specific topics. We encourage you to bring samples of insects, diseased foliage or scaffolds for treatment recommendations. We will adjourn around 2:00 p.m. The zoom meetings will start at 11:30 a.m. and adjourn around 2:00 p.m.
A schedule of meeting locations and directions to the orchards are listed on the back of this letter. Duet o covid-19 protocols, we ask that you wear a face mask and practice social distancing. Also, please bring a bagged lunch.
Please call Mark Sutphin at the Frederick County Extension Office at 540-665-5699 or Kenner Love at the Rappahannock County Extension Office for additional information about these programs.
2021 In-Orchard& Virtual Meetings
- March 31st Zoom Meeting 11:30am – Seasonal Updates with extension specialist. Dr. Bergh, Dr. Sherif and Pathology in-depth lecture by Dr. Acimovic https://virginiatech.zoom.us/j/83225190429
- April 7, 2021 In-Orchard Meeting – Silver Creek Orchard – 160 Massie Lane, Tyro, VA 22976. From Rt 29 south of Lovingston, turn right on Rt 56/ Tye Brook Hwy, go 1.1 miles turn right onto Roseland Rd, 3.9 miles turn left onto Rt 151/Patrick Henry Hwy, take an immediate right onto Rt 56West/Crabtree Falls Hwy, 4.2 miles turn left onto Pharsalia Rd, 1.3 miles turn right onto Massie Lane-Orchard will be located on the right.
- April 14th Zoom Meeting 11:30am – Seasonal Updates with extension specialist. Dr. Bergh, Dr. Sherif and Dr. Acimovic https://virginiatech.zoom.us/j/83225190429
- Week of April 19, 2021 Frederick County- TBD
- April 21st In-Orchard Meeting – Saunders Brothers Orchard- Harewood Stop- 199 Harewood Lane – Roseland, VA 22967
- April 28th Zoom Meeting 11:30am – Seasonal Updates with extension specialist. Dr. Bergh, Dr. Acimovic and Horticulture in-depth lecture by Dr. Sherif https://virginiatech.zoom.us/j/83225190429
- May 5th In-Orchard Meeting – Jenkins Orchard, James Jenkins – from Woodville VA, turn left on to Rt. 621, go about 2 miles. The orchard is on the left by the packing shed. (355 Yancey Rd, Woodville, VA 22749)
- May 12th Zoom Meeting 11:30am – Seasonal Updates with extension specialist. Dr. Bergh, Dr. Sherif and Dr. Acimovic https://virginiatech.zoom.us/j/83225190429
- May 26th Zoom Meeting 11:30am – Seasonal Updates with extension specialist. Dr. Sherif, Dr. Acimovic and Entomology in-depth lecture by Dr. Bergh https://virginiatech.zoom.us/j/83225190429
- June 2nd In-Orchard Meeting – Williams Orchard, Tommy and Eddie Williams, Flint Hill Rt. 211 east to Ben Venue. At the crossroads, turn north on to Rt. 729 and go approximately 2½ miles. Orchard is on the left. (3 Williams Farm Lane, Flint Hill, VA 22627)
- June 9th In-Orchard Meeting- Carroll County- TBD Contact Ashley Edwards email@example.com
Extension Agent | Agriculture and Natural Resources, Horticulture | Unit Coordinator (Frederick)
Virginia Cooperative Extension -Frederick County Office | 107 North Kent Street | Winchester, VA 22601